Thursday 29 September 2011

So far surviving both the UK food & drink

Current City: Glasgow
Well, I managed to cross another item off my bucket list (I would put that in quotes except my keyboard has decided to make รจ instead...); I tried haggis today at a Glasgow pub. I must say, for being a concoction of oatmeal, spices and assorted animal entrails, it was actually quite tasty! If I hadnt had such a big breakfast I definitely would have cleaned the plate (with the exception of the mashed turnips. Ive had those before and I know I dont like them).
Been a great few days; aside from the culinary adventure that is UK cuisine, Ive gone climbing at the Edinburgh International Climbing Arena in Ratho, walked the Royal Mile, climbed all 287 steps to the top of the Walter Scott Monument, and toured the Scottish Paliament!
I also have to make mention of the incredible Scottish hospitality Ive encountered. Its very nice to know that I have doors open to me if I choose to come back (and indeed, I have been encouraged back. Numerous times.) Time permitting, I would love to return at the end of the trip and visit with the people who have been more than hospitable in the land of kilts and ales.
Glasgow University. This isnt even the main hall, or anything. Its just a sciences building.

The Cloister just off of the Quadrangle in the University

Lord Kelvin, an alumni of the University. Inventor of the temperature scale that makes more sense than the Fahrenheit scale.

I-Forget-The-Name canal that runs through Kelvingrove Park, with Whats-Its-Name building in the background.
Hey, 1 out of 3 aint bad...

Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum.

Male and female Sydney Funnel Web Spiders, the deadliest spiders on earth. David, this pictures for you...

3 comments:

  1. Spiders = gross!!! Other than that...thanks for the post! Keep in touch and update more often...both you and Jess leave me in suspense for too long, agh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Rach...ewwww spiders, but you should have taken a closer pic for your brother :) And Rach, send me a text! whenever! I have no life at the moment, always free to chat :) or get skype!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Keep it coming. Continued safe travels Bri-Guy and keep us posted! Xoxo, Teta

    ReplyDelete