Friday 16 September 2011

A few goals for the next 2 months

Current City: Vancouver
The last few weeks have flown by. In just 5 weeks I've quit both my jobs, helped my roommate move to another country, moved myself, been to two utterly fantastic weddings (congraulations again Jess & Tim, and Chris & Heather), and now I'll be taking the vacation I've always wanted to take.
I suppose as I sit beside gate 53 at the international departures terminal at YVR it might be a good time to examine some hopes, goals and expectations for this trip;
-I want to climb at Ratho Intl. Climbing Centre in Edinurgh (Ivana you might be able to help with this one).
-I want to eat haggis and drink a pint at a friendly pub in Glasgow.
-I want to explore a winery in the south of Spain
-I want to look up at the towering Millau Viaduct (and hopefully drive across it)
-I want to sit at a cafe in Paris with a glass of wine and watch the sun set behind the Eifel Tower
-I want to see a castle that's older than Canada
-I want to drink "a mas" (a litre of beer) at the Haufbrauhaus in Munich (and I know I spelled some of that wrong)
-I want to stand underneath the Brandenburg Gate at night
-I want to see the Bone Church in Kutna Hora
-I want to get sprayed by the waterfalls at Plitvice National Park in Croatia
-I want to see the Sea Organ in Zadar
-I want to sit on the beach on the island of Korcula and do nothing all day
Failing any of this, I want to meet some great new people, catch up with old friends, and have some fun.
I think if I can do that, I will have a good trip.

1 comment:

  1. OMG Bri .... I can't even PRONOUNCE most of these places. Glad to hear you've arrived safely ... have a WONDERFUL time. And good luck with this "bucket list" ... SO COOL !!! You WILL get thru it, I'm sure !
    oxoxox
    mom
    (btw ... don't like my profile being "anonymous" but I don't know how else to post it !?!?!? I guess I could try "stalker mother" or something :-0 )

    ReplyDelete